|Is it gross that I want to nuzzle that armpit?|
That picture to the right was taken at 9:45 p.m. last night. What made it happen? Who knows.
All I can say is that last night, we changed it all up.
- We gave him a mix of apples and prunes. He gobbled up half a container, I'd say about 2 ounces.
- No bedtime routine, just played with him and let him stay awake till he showed signs of fussiness. Which also meant no bath last night.
- Started swaddling him and when he screamed, I said, forget this (I might have used some other f word but you know what I mean). So no swaddle last night.
- Waited longer than the usual 3 hrs to feed him; he was fighting the bottles and then only drinking 2-3 ounces. So we waited till he was tired, and then he ate 5 ounces.
- And, we brought him into our bed.
We'll never let our child watch tv before he's 2? Hah, if 15 minutes in front of the TVmeans I can switch over the laundry, take the dog out onto the patio and get dinner done, don't you give me the side eye. My kid seems to enjoy Say Yes to the Dress as much as I do.
Not saying he didn't get up in the middle of the night, oh he did. For diaper changes, for feedings and then once, I think maybe just a bad dream. But, we didn't have 2-3 waking screaming hours! And, this morning at 5:45, I had this happy baby:
|Oh yeah, there's a new (deputy) Sheriff in town!|