Did I jinx myself by telling everyone how you were on a 3 hr feeding schedule? That you wake up like clockwork and then go to sleep? Or was last night just the first test of many to come? When you fed a gazillion times between 8 and midnight. And you wouldn't stop crying and I didn't know what to do. You finally slept at midnight in your swing and didn't stir till 4:45 and that was in your swing. Have you decided the crib in your pack-n-play isn't comfy enough for you? Because after feeding at 5, you went to sleep again in your swing and you slept for close to 4 hours. I guess where ever you can sleep in peace, it's good for you and for us.
And today was amazing. You stayed up for a bit this evening without being fussy or hungry. You played in your nani's (grandmother's) lap, taking your time to Houdini your arms out of the swaddle blanket. Then you, stayed up and played in my lap. You held my fingers and allowed me to play around with you. You gave us some smiles and frowns and weird faces.
Yes, you have a weird feeding schedule and you might be hitting your first growth spurt but that's what you are supposed to do. So, you go ahead and do what you need to. We'll try our best to keep up with you.
I know you won't stay this small forever, so photos like this are very precious to us:
We love these tiny toes, those tiny fists you make when feeding whether at the breast or the bottle, those smiles on your tiny lips when you are filling a diaper for us and everything else in between!
- Mommy and daddy
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Oliver's been home only 2 nights and there are major changes around the house. I just want to list them before I forget how and when our lives started changing:
- start trying to eat lunch at 12; be done by 3:30 p.m.
- jump in the shower and be out quickly (right now my parents watch Oli while we shower but I can see how that's going to need tobe even faster)
- we figure we need to leave the house by 6 p.m. and we are on the road finally at 6:53.
- our lives are measured in number of poopy diapers, length of feedings, ounces of milk consumed
- errands are run in between feedings; feedings aren't necessarily on a schedule, so errands are run whenever
- my Google reader feeds are getting marked read without really being read. I make an effort to read friend's blogs but the rest like People of Walmart, Clients From Hell, FailBlog etc just get passed on because who's got the time to read 600 individual funny posts?
Posted by Syl at 11:42 AM
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Oliver Gary Williams!
That's right, we brought our little baby boy home last night.
Yesterday, Jeff decided to go to work because he kept getting urgent calls and emails. I went to the hospital to see Oliver with my parents at 11ish and was informed that he might be going home with us!!! So, we spent the day visiting him, then we picked up Jeff after his work, and went to bring our little boy home. As you can see, Smokey decided to introduce himself to Oliver right away.
He had a very comfortable night in his pack n play by our bedside and woke up like clockwork every 3 hrs for a feeding and diaper changing.
I need to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts, kind words, and support through the last week. There are people out there Oliver might never meet; heck there are people out there who Jeff and I might never meet who have been praying for his healthy homecoming. I cannot tell you the emotions that go through me when I think of how many people were rooting for him. Just know that Jeff and I appreciate you more than any words can express.
More photos of Oliver coming home are on my Facebook account and on Flickr.
Posted by Syl at 7:56 AM