Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Monday, April 16, 2007
I put this announcement off because Jeff and I wanted to be sure, absolutely sure of this before telling everybody else!
Jeff and I are going to be ....
(Hahaha, how many of you thought that was going to say parents?)
A few months ago, we started our house search because we were just tired of living in an apartment building and paying somebody else's mortgage. We looked at some townhomes in the town, Columbia, that we were dead set on. Jeff's parents sent us some links for new housing projects and we found one right next to Columbia in Elkridge that we decided to go look at.
These are new condominiums, that'll be done by December or January. We picked the one on the ground floor because we are tired of the 3rd floor and we also would like to blast our subwoofer without somebody downstairs coming up to tell us we're affecting their "quality of life." Seroiusly, that was said in a letter penned to us by the lady downstairs.
Ryan Homes just called me today to say our building will be started in 2 weeks and we get to meet the project manager on Wednesday. We are SO EXCITED!!! We are in the second condo building and we saw the foundation for it being put in. I can't wait now to follow our house beign built from beginning to end. We'll try to keep up a photologue of the process.
You can see the floor plan of the Hampton Court, which is what our building is called.
Sunday, April 15, 2007
Jeff was in Cupertino, CA for the first 2 weeks of April, training to be a MAC Genius. If you ever have or ever do walk into an Apple store, you'll notice a Genius bar. That's where he'll be from now on.
Y'know you're paranoid when you think somebody's trying to break into your apartment because your cat's just sitting there staring at the door. Even when you know the cat's not a very smart cat. The first night Jeff was gone, I probably slept a total of 3 hrs and that too in shifts. After that, it got a little easier. I only woke up every time the cat, the neighbors, somebody outside made a sound.
But, in the middle of those 2 weeks, I went out to CA to visit Jeff and see the Apple campus. I got there Friday afternoon and we drove up to Davis to visit his sister and brother in law. We ate some really good Mexican food (I miss tghat here in Murrland). The next day, we drove back down and met up with Tim and Nate and had dinner at P. F. Changs.The Saddlerack. Tim and I did the ever popular electric slide.
Where, hold your breaths, Noor and Olga joined us after a bit. We couldn't get Olga to leave her chair but Nate got Noor to show some moves. Jeff and Nate also showed some of their mad Bhangra skills they learned in India.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
On the other hand, I think the wonderful people of Baltimore ensured that Colin and Brad will never return to this area. I'll explain in steps why not:
1) They played the puppet game, where 2 members of the audience have to move them according to the scene. Colin and Brad explained to this couple how to move their arms, head and legs. As they are doing the scene, the woman moves Brad and the guy responsible for Colin stands back with his arms crossed. For a good 2 or 3 minutes. Then he only moves Colin's arms. When it's painfully obvious that Brad needs to walk somewhere, the guy kicks his in the shins. I am not kidding you, this guy kicked Brad's shins and ankles and calves to get him to move.
We were talking about how this guy was embarrassing himself and coulsn't he see how his wife was doing it. At the end of the game, Brad mentioned that the woman kept talking throughout the thing, saying things like "Wheeeee!," "Here we go now," etc.
2) The next game was the film styles and they picked a woman from the audience to call out a a different style everytime they said freeze. They had cards with the things written on them, she just had to read them. She did good till she asked them to do the scene in the syle of film noor. I didn't know Noor had her very own film style. Then Brad read the card and corrected it to Noir.
3) Sound effects! Usually a little hard for people because even though you know the sound effect in your head, you really might not know how it should sound coming out of your mouth. But, the guy they picked for Colin's sound effects did farting sound smost of the time and randomly.
4) The did a game that combined 5 other games for which they had another audience member come up to read a different game whenever they said freeze. The games were One syllable only, Questions only, If you know what I mean, Substitution etc. This woman, II swear, was auditioning to work a 1-900 line. She was using her best bedroom voice and even Brad wondered how much she'd had to drink.
Brad and Colin, at one point mentioned that this was the weirdest crowd they'd ever worked with and it was scary when they were the most adjusted people in the room. They might have been sayign something they say to every crowd but it probably never rang truer than last night. At one point, Jeff and I wanted to jump up and say, "We are not from here!!!!"
Friday, April 13, 2007
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
It's the same person who looked at the screen to get my money for what I ordered. She got the money right but not my order. Twice. No more drive throughs.
Monday, April 02, 2007
- health problems?
- fashion issues?
- because other people are uncomfrtobale looking at the fat people?
Most reasonable people would say #1 - health issues.
Well, let's look at some of my health issues:
- all cholesterol levels exactly where they should be
- heart perfectly healthy
- knees not hurting
- I can walk up the 3 flights of stairs at work with very little breathing issues - which could be a byproduct of my asthma
- I can carry most of my furniture alone or with my husband up 3 flights of stairs to my apartment
- I can do 3-4 miles on the treadmill at the gym when I feel like it
- I am not showing any signs of high sugar, diabetes or any other desease you can come up with
- The only issue I have is really bad allergies to my cat, my dog, my perfumes, my soaps and all of nature
- The weight's stable
So, why is it suddenly a problem that I am overweight, and let me point out that it's not my problem, it's apparently other people's problem.