Friday, October 07, 2005

Kidney stones, root canals and allergies

I feel like I should donate my body to science right now. About 3 weeks ago, I had to call a wonderful friend, Olga, over to take me to the ER because I had these horrible pains in my lower tummy region. I thought it was appendicitis for sure since two of my cousins have had their appendices removed in the last 2 - 3 months. However, it was a kidney stone and I was sent home with strong pain meds and meds to help the stone break down. My roommate, Autumn, sent out an email with the subject "Bad news about Sylvie," which we laughed about later and my friend Amy came to pick me up with Olga. Erika brought me cheesecake, mmmmm. I am pretty sure I am rid of the stone by now! However, I have to say that morphine is the best invention ever. And, thanks to everyone who sent me well wishes.

A week before my kidney stone, I went in to have an allergy test done at University Health Services. It was an experience. They told me to lay down on my stomach and proceeded to prick 43 tiny holes into my back and then put 43 different allergens onto them. Apparently, my body is very, very allergic to cats and grass. It also doesn't like many trees or plants. It's a little less allergic to dogs. Now, I get to go back and find out what I can do coexist not only with animals I love but also with nature (it would be tough to hide from mother nature).

Last but not the least, next week is my first of three appointments to start work on a root canal. Jeff, my husband to be, has absolutely no reaction to novocaine. What that means is he feels everything that the dentist does in his mouth. Oh, I am so glad that novocaine makes my face go numb!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Behave
The Delaware Supreme Court has ruled in favor of a group of anonymous bloggers in a defamation suit, saying in essence that free speech trumps defamation.
Hi, I was just blog surfing and found you! If you are interested, go see my money related site. It isnt anything special but you may still find something of interest.