Tuesday, May 01, 2007

India in Hanover, MD

Jeff and I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond at the Arundel Mills outlet mall this last weekend to exchange our Krups espresso maker.

We had a couple hours to waste so we walked around the mall. Now, last year, before going to India, I had found an amazing sale on perfumes and picked up 2 big bottles of Dolce and Gabbana red for $20 each. Well, I left both the bottles in India and since I had really liked the smell, i wanted to see if they had it. The same store didn't but anothe rPerfume store was having a sale, according to the sales lady. She told me the $45 bottle was on sale for $35. I turned to Jeff and said, "Let's go, we paid a lot less last year and I'm not willing to pay almost double." The lady stops us and asks what we paid and told her $20. She says, "Well, let me tell you what I can do. I can't do $20 but I'll give it to you for $25."

!!! Jeff seems to think there was something illegal about the whole thing. I just think I've brought a little flavor of India called bargaining back with me :-D

No comments: