Monday, November 05, 2007

Day 1 fast forward to now

So, a smaller update on the rest of the days since the surgery

October 31st: Did pretty well. I thought I was really conscious all day, stayed up, read a novel, watched TV. In the evening, Jeff and dad came back, after a headache inspiring 1.75 hr drive. Anjuli, Mike and their friend from Australia Jaya visited as well. Now, during their visit, my energy started flagging ad after about 30 minutes, I had to bid good bye to the guests and another hour later, to the family as well. I did get up and go to the bathroom and walk around a bit for the first time since the surgery.

November 1st: I actually felt worse. I could not get comfortable, I couldn't read, I couldn't watch TV, maybe I was suffering from cabin fever. The doctor came and checked me out. They started me on liquids which ranged from passable to ewww don't ever show me that again.

November 2nd: Yay, release day! I wait and I wait and I wait and finally around 2ish, the doctor came for my checkup and declared me ok to go home. I called Brenda and after another hour of paperwork, signouts, IV takeouts etc. I was on my way home!

November 3rd till now: It's gradually gotten better. The first night home, I must have woken up every 1-2 hrs to re-situate myself on my bed and go to the bathroom. Last night, on the other hand, I only got up once. So, a definite improvement. I also drove with Jeff to Dulles last night to take my Dad there. I was a little worn out by the time we came back but overall I felt good at having walked around.

Today, I am awake before Jeff and doing small chores around the house and I feel ok. Here's a photo of me with the balloons that Brenda gave me:

2 comments:

srah said...

Are you still on a clear liquids diet? Yechhh.

Syl said...

I am, but only for 3 more days. And, I cheated today which I hope doesn't backfire in any way. I had the liquid part of a hot and sour soup.