Tuesday, June 26, 2012

June's almost gone

and with it, half the year! June's been a busy, busy month. Busy at work, family visit, Father's day and my birthday made it a month that just flew on by.







For Father's Day, Jeff and I did a sailing tour of the Inner Harbor, during the Sailabration. We got to view the tall ships up close without walking though the throngs of people. It was a perfect day for a sail, sunny with a breeze.

We had dinner at Rusty Scupper, which we've wanted to try for a while. I was a little disappointed because they had a small menu available because of the events, so I think we'll have to go back to try their regular menu.

For my birthday, Jeff and Brenda joined me at Fogo de Chao in Baltimore for a long and meaty lunch. (There was an empty seat for Suheir at the table but she never showed up :-P) I have to say, this was my second time there, and I still like the place. I wouldn't go for dinner because it's pretty expensive. But, for lunch, I love their food, including the salad buffet that has asparagus trees. Oh no, they are really that big. That was my only fun thing all day, since I had 3 scheduled doctor's appointments. Hey, I would have had to take time off 3 different times if I didn't do it yesterday.

And, then how can I do a blog post without talking about this little buckaroo?


See how the picture is slightly blurry? He's in motion? He's ALWAYS in motion. That young man does not sit down, ever! He's almost 20 months old, which is tiny in the large scheme of things,but his personality is HUGE. He refuses to sit in a high chair. Arches his back and cries like we are strapping him into a medieval torture machine. So, after a few months of no eating out with him, we tried going out last week and had him sit in a regular chair. It worked a lot better. He sits and stands in it but he eats his dinner and more importantly, Jeff and I finished our dinners!

He loves music still, starts bouncing or swaying in the car seat if a song he likes is on the radio. And if he doesn't like the song, he sticks his fingers in his ear. And, he has some new moves to share with you for the enxt time you find yourself in a dance-off:


 

My handsome, fearless young man, I'll quote a song by Lee Ann Womac:

Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance

I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance

Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances, but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake, but it's worth makin'
Don't let some Hellbent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out, reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance

I hope you dance
(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along)
I hope you dance
I hope you dance
(Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder, where those years have gone?)

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean

Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

Dance

(Time is a wheel in constant motion always rolling us along)
I hope you dance
I hope you dance
(Tell me who wants to look back on their years and wonder, where those years have gone?)

 Oli, I hope you dance your way through life, stealing hearts with that cute smile of yours! You already have the hearts of mommy and daddy and everyone who's met you in the palm of your hand. I love you buggaroo and am happy you are here to celebrate my birthdays with me.

No comments: