Friday, December 21, 2012

Dear Jeff

This December, we'll have been married for 7 years and known each other for 9. From the day I met you and your smile won me over, I never thought I could love anybody more or like that ever again. You were the perfect guy, so courteous, always listening, giving, patient, everything a girl could hope for in a life partner. We've had some ups and some downs and through it all, we've made it. We've been at each others' side. We've had such great times. Which is why this letter is so hard to write.

Because I am smitten by another's smile. The twinkle in his eye makes my heart melt. The way his smiles lights up a room when he sees me says there's nobody else he'd rather be around. The way he holds my hand and dances me around says that there's nothign else he'd rather be doing. The way he snuggles with me in the morning says there's nothing worth leaving my side for at that moment. And I feel the same about him. doesn't even mater that he's so much shorter than me. Really. I know we promised to love each other, forsaking all others. I have to go back on that promise.

I hope you understand, Jeff, it's not you. It's me. I hope you'll understand when you find out who it is. I hope we can still be friends ... but just look at this face, how could I not fall in love with him over and over, everyday, every moment?



No comments: