Friday, November 11, 2016

Why I am angry!

I didn't unfriend people when President Bush won. I was a staunch Democrat. I didn't even unfriend when they were speaking against President Obama with vitriol, calling him not a citizen and Muslim and what not. But, neither one of them ran on a platform of pure hate against residents of this country.

That's the difference today. If you voted for President Elect Trump, you sided with:

- his call to be violent against the other side, which affects me personally & my family & friends
- his call to target Muslims which affects my friends and coworkers who are now afraid to wear their hijab in public
- his call to target Hispanics which affects my son's classmates who are wondering if they are going to be deported
- his call to hate and conduct violence against African Americans which affects my black friends, coworkers, neighbors
- his call to end same sex marriages which affects so many of my friends, 4 of whose wedding we've taken Oliver to, to show him love comes in many forms
- his call to end funding to very important health services for women which affects a lot of young and poor women
- his call to repeal laws that allow women to have choice over their body which affects me
- his call to end the Affordable Care Act which affects my brother's and sister's (not by blood but holy hell they might as well be) ability to get critical coverage for their son who's on the spectrum
- his call to treat women like possessions to paw at whenever you want which affects me personally motherfuckers. Go talk to any woman around you and you'll hear multiple stories of being treated like that. Groped on a bus. Whistled at and then called a bitch because she didn't reply or smile. Threatened with violence because she wouldn't have sex after he bought her dinner. And so many more!

You cannot tell me you voted for him and don't side with him on any of these. And if you side with him on even one of these, I'd like to not be around you. I'd like my child to not be around you. Because I teach him to be around those who help others, are kind even when not agreeing, who don't bully others and by hanging around you, I will be teaching him it's ok to have hate in your heart.


And no, my intolerance of the hate listed above does not make me intolerant.

No comments: