Thursday, September 20, 2018

Proud parent moment


Love this goofy little one!
Voicemail that starts with “good morning Ms. Williams, this is so and so from Oliver’s morning care at Waterloo Elementary... “

 Uh oh ... dun dun dun

 Every parent knows what went through my head .... he’s done something bad, something bad happened to him, he bit somebody, somebody bit him, blood, was there blood, was it his or not, did he say something nasty, did he tell them my weight ... all in 2 seconds waiting for the rest of he message!

 But no, today, it was: “I just wanted to tell you that Oliver was playing ball with another boy and he did something so lovely. When the boy won, Oliver went to him with his hand out to shake and said “good game.” I watch a lot of children and in today’s day, it’s rare to see this graciousness, respect, good sportsmanship and I just wanted you to know.”

 Cue my heart swelling up in pride! That’s our boy and I hope we can keep helping him be kind and good!

 ETA: I forgot to say we have so many evenings where we feel like failures as parents that I want to record moments like these to remind us!

No comments: