So, I was an AT&T customer in my previous life. Then, I met Jeff and we became AT&T co-members on a family share plan. Then Cingular bought AT&T wireless. And thus started this pain in that place where the sun rarely shines...
Because our plan was AT&T, we couldn't get any service from Cingular and we could use some of the Cingular services but not others. Fine. We decided to wait and just sign up for a new plan when our current one ran out in August of 2006. But then
Jeff lost his phone last night
and I went to a Cingular store to replace his phone. I got him the cool new Rokr that plays iTunes. I bought him a Bluetooth headset. What I didn't know was that I was buying hours of headache with it.
The cashier supposedly took Jeff off our family plan, migrated him to Cingular and gave him a plan of his own. When I called Cingular to migrate my number over to them, this is what my mind tells me now that happened:
- the cashier shouldn't have done what he did
- the 4 people I talked to at Cingular all had varying ideas of how easy was it to fix the problem (what problem? I wasn't entirely sure myself)
- I had to get a new number, which I had been avoiding because of job search issues and such
- If you want to call customer service, use a landline
- They deactivated my phone and said it would be re-activated sometime again (WHAT?)
- It finally was reactivated but now we are on 2 seperate plans and I am still with AT&T (Wait, wasn't the whole point to get me off of AT&T?)
- I have to go back to the store and get myself migrated apparently
I am starting to believe my immigration proceedings will be a piece of cake after this
Oh, and I have a new number. If you don't have it yet, check UMich directory or email me.