Thursday, June 15, 2006

Hi, my name is Sylvie and I'm a needleaholic ...

My day today started with an appointment at the allergist at 8:15 am. I was there till 10:30. They poked me 52 times on my back, then proceeded to poke me 18 times on my forearms. Results? I found out I am not allergic to mold or dust mites anymore. I also found out I am allergic to peanuts, milk, eggs, tomatoes and wheat. I also found out that I am on way more steriods than I should be on. So, the doctor gave me some new meds and told me to stop Advair. He will also start me on allergy shots that will, in a matter of 5 years, wean me off of all medicines possible.

My day ended with a visit to my primary physician at 4:45 where I proceeded to get shots in both upper arms - Hep. A and Hep. B vaccinations. So, all in all, today I was poked by needles of varying sizes 72 times.

No comments: