So, what did I do this past Saturday? I sent Jeff off to work at 8:30, went to the gym myself. Then, I came home and talked with my parents using Skype for about an hour. Then ...
- I had about 5 small wooden jewelry boxes that I wanted to get rid of. So, I got a jewelry armoire and transferred all my jewelry to it.
- Jeff and I bought bookshelves from IKEA a few weeks back that we had put 2 coats of tongue oil on. I put the final coat on and moved them out to the living room where they're going to live.
- When we moved here, we bought a bunch of furniture from Value City Furniture. We love all of it, but I could not understand why the coffee table was getting so scratched. Well, I alkso put down a cotton ball soaked in nail polish remover which took some paint off the wood. So, we bought some finish etc. and I started fizing the table. Well, we realized that the coffee table and the end tables had never really been finished with a sealer. So, I sanded them down and put 3 coats of oak red stain and then sealed it. Look at them now!
- For the guest room, I wanted some sort of dresser. Nothing too fancy but something enough so guests wouldn't have to live out of their suitcase. I spent a couple of weeks looking around and then at Lowe's one day while getting some stain, I saw these. I thought I'd have to stain and all that stuff but when I opened them up, all I had to do was nail and stack. These are 2 seperate pieces that stack using dowels.
- Lastly, I also wanted a coffee table and a quilt chest for the guestroom. We found pine toyboxes that will do the work of both. I ended up having to sand them, tongue oil them, nail them together, sand them again and Sunday, I stained them a second time. One more time and they'll be done.
Now, all I need is a quilt chest for my room ... except I think I might have promised Jeff not to buy any more furniture for a while.