Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our deepest gratitude

When I set up the donation page for Brenda and my 5K run, we had no idea the kind of response we'd get. I am heartened and amazed by the support our friends and family are showing. I am also a little unsettled by the faith they're putting in us to complete this. What started as a "maybe" is definitely a "definite" now.

I think Brenda said it best, "When there was a single $10 donation, getting up in the morning at 5 a.m. seemed so damn hard. but, when we are up to almost $300, I can't afford to pay them all back and we have to do this!"

And, it's not just the money. If all these people can have the faith in us, why can't we?

As George Michael put it, "Gotta have faith, faith, faith ..."

So, thank you all for putting your well earned money and hopefully what will be well earned faith in me and Brenda!

No comments: