Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Thoughts, prayers and marrow donors needed for a friend's daughter

I remember, when Oli was in the NICU, we had such an outpouring of love and support from family and friends all over the world. I remember the heartache and the worry I, and Jeff and our families went through, waiting for Oli to come home. I remember taking some solace from those words of wisdom and stories of experiences that y'all shared.

I have a friend who's gotten news about her daughter that would shake anybody's core. Her daughter was diagnosed with a rare (as in less than 100 in the world) genetic bone marrow disorder.

You can read about sweet Kate's diagnosis on her mom's blog.

More than that, you can keep her and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

Even more than that, if you are healthy and able to and want to, please consider registering to be a bone marrow donor at Be The Match. It's free and who knows? You might save a life someday.

P.S.: If you think or know of somebody who had a terrible experience with marrow donation, this is not the forum to tell me that. Everyone who's an adult can read the risks associated with this donation on their own and make up their minds. I will delete any comments that are negative. This post is just to ask for prayers and help for Kate and her parents.

No comments: