Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Our evenings

Get home around 4, if not before then.

Work on getting dinner ready. Music on the radio. Oli dancing around the kitchen with Jeff and me. He has 4 distinct dance moves now. Butt up and down. Holding hands out, twisting at the waist. Hold index fingers out and bounce arms. And, the latest, stomping both feet on the ground.

5:15 - 5:30, sit down together to eat dinner. Oli feeds some to Smokey. We talk to each other, even Oli contributes to the conversation.

Play with Oli on the floor, try to read a book without him eating it. Pretend to fall down and lie on the ground. Oli giggles and comes over, touches head to my head, climbs over me.

6:15, get Oli naked. He runs around the house shrieking, holding some toy or another in each hand.

6:30, his bath time. Possibly his favorite time of the day. He waits by the bathtub as Jeff's filling it. He's got the biggest grin on his face. He never wants bath time to end.

6:$5/7, milk while snuggling with mommy. Snuggles are few now that he's so busy running around, that I am learning to treasure his bottle time. He holds the bottle himself but he lets me hold him and kiss him and snuggle him while he drinks.

7/7:15, everyone gets to kiss him goodnight. Even Smokey. We walk into his room, turn on his moon and stars turtle. He smiles and points at the ceiling (thanks Suheir mausi). I lay him down in the crib. He immediately pulls up his legs under him, tucks his hands under his tummy and lays there. It's bedtime. He talks a bit in there, moves around a lot before falling asleep. We can hear him out in the living room. It's so cute. But, then, I think everything he does is cute.

7:30 to 8:30ish: tv time for us.

8:30 - 9, bedtime for the parents.


How our evenings have changed. And, I wouldn't change them back for anything in the world.

I know there's a distinct lack of photos in this post. Oli is so mobile, it's getting harder and harder to get photos of him! But, I'll try and get some of him dancing.

1 comment:

Suheir said...

Love to see him dance! I am so glad I got to spend some time with him last month!!