Thursday, July 07, 2011

Blessed @ 8 months

Blessed by Elton John (another song from our shower CD)
Hey you, you're a child in my head
You haven't walked yet
Your first words have yet to be said
But I swear you'll be blessed

I know you're still just a dream
your eyes might be green
Or the bluest that I've ever seen
Anyway you'll be blessed

And you, you'll be blessed
You'll have the best
I promise you that
I'll pick a star from the sky
Pull your name from a hat
I promise you that, promise you that, promise you that
You'll be blessed

I need you before I'm too old
To have and to hold
To walk with you and watch you grow
And know that you're blessed
__________________________________________________________________


Oliver is 8 months old today. He is started to scoot on his hands and knees, about a couple feet before falling on his belly and either giggling or screaming in frustration. I can't wait to hold his hand as he starts his first steps. Yet, I am terrified of that at the same time.

He looks at Smokey and chuckles, which makes me already feel sorry for the poor dog. Smokey only goes near Oli when I am feeding him solid food because Smokey gets the droppings.

Oli hates sitting anymore, he wants to be standing at all times. He loves holding on to our couch and standing. He'll stomp his feet and giggle out loud. He loves jumping in his Fisher Price Jumperoo (we have an older version) & the Bright Starts Around We Go Activity Station. Try sitting him down on the carpet, even with all his toys, and he gives you a look of pure sadness.

I love watching him grow but I am sad at not having my tiny baby anymore. I cannot hold him comfortably in one arm anymore. Carrying him into daycare in the morning, I have to rest him on my hip, he's too heavy to just carry in my arms.

He's starting to look a lot more like us. He laughs and I see Jeff in his smile. He frowns and I see me in his furrowed brow. Oh kiddo, please don't get your mama's temper. I hope he gets his daddy's patience and my multitasking skills. That'll be the perfect blend. Then, he could take over the world :-D

Here's a family photo I tried to get with my iPhone before heading out to a July 4th bbq. I hope Oliver grows up feeling blessed to have been brought into this family, because we definitely feel blessed to have been given this precious bundle.

No comments: