Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Why am I insulted

By somebody saying they're proud of the fact that I worked out 6 days last week?

1. I never asked for external validation for my actions
2. I don't need external motivation for working out. That's why Weight Watchers would never work for me, when it's been widel successful for so man others. The idea of weighing myself in front of other people doesn't faze me. Here, let me share. I'm at 179-181 now. I would love to be at 160, I was at 170 pre-pregnancy and was very happy with how I looked. So, my own goal is to get back to at least that, if not for nothing else but the fact that I am not buyin any clothes in the next size up.

Ok, going back to my original reason for this post. I got an email from a very good friend that talked about a lost of motivation factors for working out. I asked why she felt the need to send me that since I worked out 6 days last week. Her answer was that she was proud of me and wanted me to know that and some other stuff that I can't remember, probably because of the rum and coke zero I just had ;-) but, I instantly felt insulted. Why? To me, if somebody hasn't indicated the need or want for validation of their choices, you don't go out of your way to do it. I don't need or want outside motivation or validation to work out. So, it was insulting to think my friend thought I needed to read about motivating factors for exercising.

Does this make sense?

No comments: