Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Misanthropy

According to Merriam-Webster:

mis·an·thro·py

noun: \mi-ˈsan(t)-thrə-pē\

Definition of MISANTHROPY

a hatred, dislike or distrust of humankind

First Known Use of MISANTHROPY

1625

Lately, I have been feeling discontent, just generally mad at people. I think I need to do a thankful post so I don't become a permanent misanthrope.

I don't think I have ever spoken about the time I was home alone with Oli before going back to work. I had a few weeks after we brought him home from the NICU, when I had my parents, then Jeff's parents and then my parents again at home to help us. Then, they left, and I had 3 weeks alone at home with Oli. Jeff was commuting to Arlington and so was gone from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. most days. One evening, at 5 p.m., I found myself on the couch just sobbing. I don't think I'd had 5 minutes to myself all day, for days. I texted a couple people who'd said they'd be available if I needed to ever talk and they weren't. And, not even a minute after a text went out, Anjuli & Mike called. Asked if they should come over, talked to me till Jeff got home. I am so very thankful for friends like that.

Thank you guys and please know that the same helping hand exists over here now that you guys are dealing with double trouble over there.

No comments: