Sunday, December 31, 2006

December 28th: Day 2 in India

I woke up at 3:30 a.m. to find Jeff with a high fever, and ended up calling my dad's room. My sister came by and Jeff was her very first patient! He has survived, I am happy to say.

At 8:30 a.m., we had breakfast at the guest house and then left for the airport to pick up Madelyn. She landed at 10:15ish and she was out within an hour and a half. We added her luggage to our pile and headed for my hometown, Ludhiana.





We had 8 people in the car, my uncle up front with the driver, my dad with me and Jeff in he middle and Nate, Madelyn and my sister in the back:



On the way home, we stopped at Haveli, a really cool restaurant where they have depicted the rural Punjabi life. I have to mention how much cheaper it is to eat Indian food at a very nice restaurant here; e paid about 800 Rupees for the 7 of us to eat (that's a little over $18 for us in America).



We had a long drive to Ludhiana, amidst a lot of diesel fumes and traffic. When we arrived at my parents' house, the place was all lit up and my mom was waiting with a ceremonial plate. Except, as soon as Jeff stepped out, he almost fell. My sister had to call the Doctor who lives next door who suggested we get antibiotics for him. After eating Chinese food (chicken manchurian, chow mein, fried rice, crispy tangy noodles and much much more), we put this long and tiring day to bed. Oh, Prakash, Madelyn's friend from Dubai, had also arrived in Ludhiana before we got there.



No comments: