Monday, January 31, 2011

Sick day, you say?

Well, Smokey wasn't really sick and that's a broken thermometer that I've thrown away since sticking it in his mouth.

The sick day was mine. Sort of. Both Jeff and I are sick. I am recovering from the flu which I haven't had in decades. I mean, I cannot remember the last time I had the flu. And Jeff has his 345 million and 7 hundredth sinus/ear infection. So, they gave him antibiotics and flu meds to prevent him from catching it from me. Me on the other hand? Got nothing. Because I am breastfeeding, they wouldn't prescribe me anything. I had to call Oli's pediatrician today to find out what to take. Which was a moot point. Since I am already past the 5 day contagious time frame and all my symptoms are gone.

Getting back to my sick day though. So far today, I have:
  • gone grocery shopping at Safeway 
  • filled up the Prius at Costco
  • vacuumed the living room floor (it gets all the leaf debris from the patio)
  • dusted and polished all wood furniture
  • done a load of  laundry: cloth diapers
  • have a second load of our clothes waiting to go
  • fed, rocked, played with Oli and put him down for a nap half a dozen times - it's going through his 3 month growth spurt so he's crankier than usual
  • Might clean our shower too - we'll see about this one
All I want to say is I have so much respect for all you stay at home mommies, but I am not cut out to be one. I cannot wait to get back to work tomorrow!

If the impending ice storm will let me get back to it.

No comments: