Sunday, January 19, 2014

Day 1

It's the 1st day of the rest of my life ... isn't that what they say? Well, everyday is the 1st day of the rest of our lives, but this is the first day of mine on the new restrictive diet. Now, the word diet gets a lot of bad media, and it really shouldn't. By definition, a diet is the sum of food consumed by a person or other organism. So, I am not following a vegan diet, or a 4:3 diet (whatever that might be), or the Southbeach diet. I am following my nutritionist's diet plan. So, as of today, these are my rules:


Now, I know when I looked at the rules at first, I was horrified. WHAT CAN I EAT? But, then I got my first week's meal plan and I feel better. There are so many fresh veggies and meat options that I am not sure I'll feel too limited. 

Today, I started the morning with a veggie shake full of green veggies that took me 2 hrs to finish the serving suggested. By then, it was almost time for my huge salad for lunch that had avocados, pecans, a bunch of fresh crisp veggies with a fresh lemon lime dressing. And dinner tonight is lemon rosemary chicken with roasted asparagus. Whats good about the plan is that most dinners are things Jeff and Oli will eat too. 

I even have allowances for snacks but I haven't felt hungry today. It might be first day nerves, and I might be chewing on my desk later this week. Who knows. But, I am hoping a first day great beginning signals a good run for this. I really want to figure out what foods are fighting my body. 

But, just in case you notice corners of my cube walls bitten off ... it won't be the mice.



No comments: